Candles are great gifts for almost any occasion. However, the delight that comes with giving one can be overshadowed by how tricky they are to wrap.
You don't want to present someone with a beautiful candle in messy wrapping. It completely ruins the moment, don't you think?
If you want to carry on gifting candles but need some serious help in the wrapping department, then read on. This guide will provide you with three methods for wrapping a candle. We may transform the way you wrap a candle forever.
1) The Trusty Gift Bag
You can never go wrong with a gift bag. It is the easiest method to wrap a candle, as well as the most economical. This option allows you to reuse gift bags from previous gifts (as long as they are in good condition).
If you want to go the extra mile and add some extra sparkles to make it special, follow this method:
- Wrap a candle in tissue paper, with the color matching the bag. This is just for protection, so you don't need to spend hours neatening it out.
- Place the candle wrapped in tissue inside the gift bag, making sure the bottom has enough strength to hold and support it. This is an important step because if the bag isn't sturdy enough, the glass could break.
- Add more tissue over it to conceal what's inside. This also provides some extra decoration.
- Add a tag to write your special message and finish with a ribbon.
2) Candle Wrapped in Fabric
This method is great if you're an expert crafter and have excess fabric and holiday decorations lying around the house. A simple yet effective way to wrap a candle, whoever you present the gift to will definitely admire your creativity.
Here's what you should do:
- Source one fabric fat quarter — make sure it's patterned.
- Source a holiday foliage pick and some strong thread.
- Start by placing the candle in the center of the patterned fabric.
- Gather the fabric and cover the entire candle.
- Tie some strong thread at the top, ensuring to leave some excess fabric at the top for decorative purposes.
- To complete the holiday look, tuck the foliage into the thread and adjust as necessary.
3) Doily Wrapped Candle
If you're unsure of what a doily is before trying out this method, it is a small ornamental mat, usually made from lace or paper. They're usually made to put on a plate and place under cakes and sweet treats. However, you can also use them for other creative projects, making them one of the most creative methods for wrapping a candle.
- For wrapping purposes, it's easier to use a paper doily. You'll need one that you can wrap around your candle, so ensure you source the right size.
- Source a brown craft paper tag, a black ink pad alphabet stamp, and some red and white baker's thread.
- Start by placing the candle in the center of the paper doily.
- Place the doily around the entire candle.
- Wrap the baker's thread around the paper doily around 4 to 5 times, so it is secured around the candle.
- Tie a small knot to keep the thread in place.
- Using the alphabet stamp, write your gift message on the paper tag.
Shop Natural Soy Candles
If you're ready to get creative and try out these methods for wrapping a candle, you won't regret it. They make it extremely easy to wrap a candle and provide unique decorations for your gifts.
Shop our collection of natural soy candles to take your gifts to the next level. Our candles come in a variety of scents and are easy to wrap. They're also healthier because the smoke they produce is cleaner without sacrificing their long burn time.
Check out our selection of soy candles for any loved one today!